Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dostana

The weekend that just passed by was quite a one. I was very confused if to actually do some chilling out or to stay back home n study for my exams that are starting on the coming Thursday. Then came a savior, she told me just do as much masti as you can this weekend and let it be your last for this semester. After this weekend study properly. And I decided to listen to her. So on Saturday, 15th November, I decided to catch up for a movie.

Decided that I will go for movie DOSTANA with some of my college friends. This is the very first time I am writing a movie review, so just pass by if something seems inappropriate. And ya, one more thing, I can’t get into too much technical part like who is the director, music artist…. Bla bla bla. And no narration of story also.

Dostana was not at all a bad movie. I would not say it was too good also. It was mediocre. The first half was about humor and humor and humor. People in the auditorium went crazy laughing. There were some parts which I did not find amusing at all but still you can hear roar of laughter from the audience. I think it’s all the difference in sense of humor. John has acted well in the first half of the movie. But Abhishek does not have that charisma. Kiran kher has a small role and wow, what an over-acting. I know it’s a comedy movie but this much, man she is crazy. At few points even Abhishek seems to be doing over. Out of the two, John and Abhishek, certainly John has an upper hand and all I got to say is ‘well done’. Now the babe, Priyanka, she has done a good acting. For those who did not know I will tell you that this is Priyanka’s 6th movie in this year. The last one was Fashion, where she has done a glamorous role. She carries her glamour here also. Has no problem in walking out of water in a bikini, oops a swimsuit (as she calls it), or showing off her zero figure or long shaped legs. At no point you feel it’s vulgar or indecent. But she sure is looking good in the movie.

After a humorous first half comes a second half. Here we have our very own Dharmendra’s Puttar Bobby Deol! I have no clue why they decided to take him, the role demanded someone better. Now he can’t be taken as an editor of world famous magazine ‘Verve’. I feel he is not stylish enough. And his champu hair style with those efforts to try to look stylish. This part has very very little humor. They have just dragged the movie. But it does not get so boring also, something keeps you hold on to your seats. As the movie closes to the finish the end gets very predictable. Our editor of Verve marries the co-editor, that’s Priyanka.

Over all I will say that if you want to spend some time out and want to catch up some movie than it’s not a bad option at all. It has nothing substantial like Fashion but it sure is a good entertainer. You won’t come out of the movie hall saying that you wasted your money. But one more thing, the humor is not for everyone. People who are not ok with Gay relationship might not like the humor. But I feel there was nothing wrong, as I said before, apna apna sense of humor. So in case you have not watched this movie till now, do it but with a light and open mind. And just enjoy the movie instead of finding the wrongs in it.

Cheers.

No comments: