Monday, October 20, 2008

SHE IS MINE

“Is my shirt ironed?” “Yes!” “Are my shoes shining?” “Yes!” “Is my hairdo looking good?” “Yeah!” “Do I smell nice?” “yes yes yes!” “Okay, last question. Am I looking fair?” “Ummmmm….”.

So much so for metro sexuality, both of us had slept nicely last night and did not work the whole day so as not to get dark circles or look tired. After all we were going to a disco first time in Bangalore and that also on a ladies night!!!

“Phew, am I late?” “No, the party starts late”.

In the car…

“Damn, all the cars in Bangalore are on this road or we driving at 20 km/hr.” “Forget that; tell me how am I looking? What should I do if some girl asks me to buy her a drink? Can you smell my perfume?”

By now I was more than bugged of my friend and his questions. I could not understand why he was so excited about this party.

The car stopped in-front of ‘fuga’, we could hear the blasting music and see those hotties walking inside.

“Oh my God! Just look at her. The one walking in backless top is so pretty.” “I know, I know. You have fallen in love again. Let me guess, is it 129th time…?”

We both burst out laughing and walked inside. Once inside, we saw all the Casanova’s kicking a beat to DJ’ number while all the shy ones were hesitant and could be located in some corner. After collecting my guts asked a girl for dance and was enjoying it pretty much.

“So you from Bangalore itself?” “Nope, I am from Mumbai” “Oh, what a co-incidence, even I am from Mumbai!” “Hey Tirth, I just met someone who is also from Vapi and she is desperate to meet someone from her hometown”  “ Uhhhh Supriya, I will be right back….”

That was the last my friend saw of her in that party and worked hard not to cross her again during the whole session. In the meanwhile mouth watering snacks were being served. Meanwhile on my end…

“Are you sure you not hungry?” “Yeah! I grabbed few puff from the bakery near my house in the evening and I am full to the brim.” “Tell me about your relationship. I mean….are you out with anyone?” “Who? me? Naaah! I never met someone my type.” “Ahem! Ahem! So what is your type?” “Beautiful eyes like yours, cute dimples just like….”

Tring tring…

“Oh, hi. I am doing well. Have come to a party with friends. Ya, me too. Ya ya, love ya!!!”

My friend thought acting like a nerd might just help in catching some fish. At times it’s nice bait.

“So you in college? Which one? Which year?” “BMS college, electrical, 2nd year” “Wow! That’s a nice college, and tough branch, by the way even I am in the same branch. So if you have any problem with any subject you can contact me.” “Sure, if you think you can help a BMS topper who happens to be the president of math club, quiz club and also electrical department general secretary than please do!”

While it was getting tough for him to handle one at a time I managed to carry off five at a time!!!

“What is your name?” “Shristi” “Aditi” “Anisha” “Neha” “Priyanka” “One at a time. Please, one at a time. By the way, my name is Naman….”

After all the hours of dancing and lying to each other, people started settling for drinks and food.

“I love beer. Why aren’t you taking something?” “Actually, I don’t drink on Saturdays, religious stuffs you know …..”

Now Tirth was acting too innocent.

After the drinks and dinner, proceeding towards the exit.

“So you are going?” “Yeah, we will probably meet sometime again” “What’s your mobile number…..”

A few hours together created such a hullabaloo in our hearts! I am trying desperately trying to sleep right now but my friend has been bitten by a love bug.

He is murmuring in his sleep…

“She loves me… she loves me not…she loves me…!”

 

Young and restless

No comments: